₦10,000.00 – ₦20,000.00
How to cook:
- Wash the rice in cold water (optional) and place in a pot.
- Add some water, about 4 times the level of the rice.
- Set on the stove and leave to cook.
- Note when the water starts boiling and leave to cook till the rice is rubbery. One way to check this is to bite into a grain of the rice being parboiled. If the rice is hard to bite or even makes a sound when you bite, it is not yet OK to rinse it. If you pinch it between your thumb and first finger and it practically melts, then it is over-parboiled. Somewhere between the first description and the second is the point where you want to put the rice down and cool it.Sounds confusing? No … With experience, you will be more confident in determining the best time. You can also watch the video below to see how it is done.
- Pour the contents of the pot in a sieve.
- Cooldown the rice rapidly by dipping the sieve in cold water, changing water often till the rice is cold.
- Leave in the sieve to drain off all the water.
- The rice is now ready to be cooked again.
Using a unique technique during cultivation and processing, Zee Rice has introduced a specially processed affordable parboiled rice. This remarkable product helps rice lovers with diabetes to maintain their low levels when used.
The nation’s most sought rice is cultivated in the foothills of Yola and Taraba Soil and climate of the region account for the unique aroma, taste, and texture of farrow 44-67 & Jamila variety.
Zee rice has a fine aromatic flavour with long and slender grains. Its perfumed, nutlike flavour and aroma can be attributed to the fact that the grain is aged, to decrease its moisture content.
When cooked, it swells only lengthwise, thereby resulting in long slender grains that are dry, separate and fluffy. It is topmost in taste, pearl –white & long-grained in appearance and natural protein-enriched rice.
It is very aromatic, sweet in taste and cooking result. The length of this rice is 7.3mm.